Points of the horse : a familiar treatise on equine conformation / by M. Horace Hayes ... ; illustrated by 209 reproductions of photographs, and 200 drawings, chiefly by J.H. Oswald Brown.
- Second edition, revised, and 142 reproductions of photographs added.
- London : W. Thacker & Co, 2, Creed Land, Ludgate Hill, E.C. ; Calcutta : Thacker, Spink and Co., 1897.
London : Printed by William Clowes and Sons, Limited, Stamford Street and Charing Cross
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, , 333,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF279 .H39 1897+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printer's statement from title page verso.
Issued in a limited edition of 150 copies.
Bibliography: page 333.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 118 of 150; signed by the author. Bound in publisher's gilt-stamped black cloth. Includes publisher's advertisements, 12 pages at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Horse breeds.Horses -- Anatomy.Horses.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1897.
Publisher's advertisements -- 1897.
YCBA Collections Search
Hayes, M. Horace (Matthew Horace), 1842-1904, Points of the horse , 1897
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.