Teapots and quails : and other new nonsenses / by Edward Lear ; edited and introduced by Angus Davidson and Philip Hofer.
- First edition.
- Cambridge, Massachusetts : Harvard University Press, 1953.
- Physical Description:
- 63,  pages : illustrations. ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4879.L2 T43 1953+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Michael D. Coe, Yale MAH 1968View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- committed to retain 20170930 20421231 HathiTrust To help ensure preservation of print and digital collections, this title is retained by Yale University Library on behalf of the HathiTrust Shared Print Program.
BEIN Shirley 4099: Inscribed: To Harriet, who is wine, from her old and loquacious friend, P.H. [Philip Hofer], 23 Nov. 1953. Bookplate of Harriet Borland.
"Printed in Great Britain by Bradford & Dickens, London, W.C. 1, and published by John Murray (Publishers) Ltd."--Verso title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original illustrated boards; with dust jacket. Ink stamp: Michael D. Coe.
- Subject Terms:
- Borland, Harriet -- Bookplate.Borland, Harriet -- Presentation inscription from P. Hofer.Coe, Michael D. -- Stamp.Hofer, Philip, 1898-1984 -- Presentation inscription to H. Borland.Humorous poetry, English.Limericks.Nonsense verses, English.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.