Smillie, James, 1807-1885, Panoramic view from Bunker Hill monument , 1848
Panoramic view from Bunker Hill monument / engraved by James Smillie from a drawing by R.P. Mallory.
- Boston : Redding & Co., 8 State Street, and for sale by H. Long & Brother; W.H. Graham; Burgess, Stringer & Co., New York; and Zeiber & Co., Philadelphia, 1848.
- Physical Description:
- 16 pages,  leaf of plates : illustration ; 24 cm and 1 print on 2 sheets : engraving ; full image 22 x 119 cm, accordion folded to 22 x 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF73.44 .S65 1848 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsF73.44 .S65 1848 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title.
Steel-engraved frontispiece by Edward A. Fowle; after Richard P. Mallory
Panorama includes place names along the top and bottom edge.
"Engraved for Drake's history of Boston."
Abbey, J.R. Life, 573
"A key to the engraving"--Pages 2-12.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in publisher's original printed blue-green boards.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is the Abbey copy. In original (?) gilt-stamped brown cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Boston (Mass.) -- Pictorial works.Bunker Hill, Battle of, Boston, Mass., 1775.Views -- Massachusetts -- Boston.
- Steel engravings -- 1848.
Engravings -- 1848.
Panoramas -- Massachusetts -- Boston.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.