A collection of geological facts and practical observations : intended to elucidate the formation of the Ashby coal-field, in the parish of Ashby-de-la-Zouch and the neighbouring district; being the result of forty years' experience and research / by Edward Mammatt, F.G.S. ; illustrated by a map and profiles, coloured sections of the stratification and one hundred and two plates of vegetable fossils, after drawings taken from nature, by Robert Ironmonger.
- Additional Title(s):
- Ashby-de-la-Zouch : Printed and sold by W. Hextall ; MDCCCXXXIV 
[London] : Published by Geo. Lawford, London, MDCCCXXXIV 
- Physical Description:
- xii, 101 xxiii,  p., , 87, A1-A15 leaves of plates (6 folded) : ill. ; 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTN808.G6 M36 1834+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Spine title: The Ashby coal-field.
Lithography by G.E. Madeley.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's maroon cloth.  p. of publisher's advertisements at end not included in pagination.
- Subject Terms:
- Coal -- Great Britain -- Maps.Coal mines and mining -- England -- Ashby-de-la-Zouch.Coal mines and mining -- Great Britain -- History.Coal mines and mining -- Great Britain -- Maps.Geology -- Great Britain.Hextall, W. -- Publisher.Lawford, Geo. -- Publisher.
- Lithographs -- 1834.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1834.
YCBA Collections Search
Mammatt, Edward, 1807-1860, A collection of geological facts and practical observations , MDCCCXXXIV 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.