Maxwell, W. H. (William Hamilton), 1792-1850, The field book, or, Sports and pastimes of the United Kingdom , 1833
- The field book, or, Sports and pastimes of the United Kingdom : compiled from the best authorities, ancient and modern / by the author of "Wild sports of the West."
- Alternate Title(s):
- Field book
Sports and pastimes of the United Kingdom
- London : Published by Effingham Wilson, Royal Exchange, 1833.
London : Printed by Bradbury and Evans, Whitefriars
- Physical Description:
- viii, 616 pages,  leaf of plates : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK11 .M39 1833Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Frontispiece engraved by H.A. Ogg; after James Pollard.
With wood-engraved illustrations, including title page vignette.
Text printed in two columns.
Printer's statement from title page verso.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 145
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary dark green half morocco and marbled boards. Armorial bookplate: Viscount Gort.
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- Great Britain.Gort, Viscount -- Bookplate.Sports -- Dictionaries.Sports -- Great Britain.
- Wood engravings -- 1833.
Steel engravings -- 1833.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.