A critical inquiry into antient armour : as it existed in Europe, particularly in Great Britain from the Norman conquest to the reign of King Charles II ... / by Samuel Rush Meyrick.
- Second edition / corrected and enlarged.
- London : H.G. Bohn, 1842.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. : ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsU810 .M49 1842+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Aquatints by W. Maddocks and Charles Hunt. Some are after Richard Bridgens.
Etchings by Richard Bridgens; after Samuel Rush Meyrick. Lithography by H.C. Maguire.
Includes historiated initials.
Hiler, H. Bibliography of costume, p. 587
Kunstbibliothek (Berlin, Germany). Katalog der Lipperheideschen Kostümbibliothek (2. Aufl.), Qb62
Includes bibliographical references and index.
BAC: British Art Center copy complete in three volumes. Bound in contemporary red half morocco with marbled boards. Bookplates: Arthur Francis Row; Y.G. Lloyd-Greame; Roger Furse.
- Subject Terms:
- Armor -- History.Arms and armor -- Great Britain.Bohn, H. G. -- Publisher.Costume -- Great Britain.Furse, Roger -- Bookplate.Lloyd-Greame, Y. G. -- Bookplate.Row, Arthur Francis -- Bookplate.Weapons -- Great Britain.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1842.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1842.
Etchings -- 1842.
Costume books -- England -- 19th century.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Meyrick, Samuel Rush, 1783-1848, A critical inquiry into antient armour , 1842
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.