A critical inquiry into antient armour : as it existed in Europe, particularly in Great Britain from the Norman conquest to the reign of King Charles II ... / by Samuel Rush Meyrick.
- Second edition / corrected and enlarged.
- London : H.G. Bohn, 1842.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. : ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsU810 .M49 1842+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Aquatints by W. Maddocks and Charles Hunt. Some are after Richard Bridgens.
Etchings by Richard Bridgens; after Samuel Rush Meyrick. Lithography by H.C. Maguire.
Includes historiated initials.
Hiler, H. Bibliography of costume, p. 587
Lipperheidesche Kostümbibliothek (2. Aufl.), Qb62
Includes bibliographical references and index.
BAC: British Art Center copy complete in three volumes. Bound in contemporary red half morocco with marbled boards. Bookplates: Arthur Francis Row; Y.G. Lloyd-Greame; Roger Furse.
- Subject Terms:
- Armor -- History.Arms and armor -- Great Britain.Bohn, H. G. -- Publisher.Costume -- Great Britain.Furse, Roger -- Bookplate.Lloyd-Greame, Y. G. -- Bookplate.Row, Arthur Francis -- Bookplate.Weapons -- Great Britain.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1842.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1842.
Etchings -- 1842.
Costume books -- England -- 19th century.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Meyrick, Samuel Rush, 1783-1848, A critical inquiry into antient armour , 1842
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.