Twenty-one plans, with explanations of different actions in the West Indies, during the late war / by an officer of the Royal Navy, who was present.
- Chester : Printed by J. Fletcher, for the author, MDCCLXXXIV 
- Physical Description:
- 24 pages,  folded leaves of plates : illustrations, plans ; 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsE271 .M38 1784Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Dedication signed: John Matthews.
Plans delineated by John Matthews; and engraved by John Hunter.
Battles of Granada, July 6, 1779 (plates [1-5]); St. Christopher, July 22, 1779 (plate ); Martinique, April 29, 1781 (plates [7-9]); St. Christopher, January 25-26, 1782 (plates [10-12]); and Dominica, April 9 and 12, 1782 (plates [13-21]).
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present time, 46887
English short title catalogue, T100566
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary tan half calf and marbled boards. Armorial bookplate: Charles Henry Parry.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain. Navy -- History -- 18th century -- Early works to 1800.Parry, Charles Henry -- Bookplate.United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Naval operations -- Early works to 1800.West Indies -- History -- Early works to 1800.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1784.
Armorial Bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Matthews, John, lieutenant in the Royal Navy, Twenty-one plans, with explanations of different actions in the West Indies, during the late war , MDCCLXXXIV 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.