The present picture of New South Wales : illustrated with four large coloured views, from drawings taken on the spot, of Sydney, the seat of government : with a plan of the colony taken from actual survey by public authority : including the present state of agriculture and trade, prices of provisions and labour, internal regulations, state of society and manners, later discoveries in natural history, and other interesting subjects : with hints for the further improvement of the settlement / by D.D. Mann ; many years resident in several official situations.
- Additional Title(s):
Mann's picture of New South Wales with A plan of the settlement, and four views of Sydney
Picture of New South Wales with A plan of the settlement, and four views of Sydney
- London : Sold by John Booth, Duke-Street, Portland-Place, 1811.
London : Printed by J. Barfield, Wardour-Street, Soho, 
- Physical Description:
- vi, 99,  pages,  folded leaves of plates : plans, maps ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDU160 .M36 1811+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Spine title, on publisher's printed label: Mann's picture of New South Wales with A plan of the settlement, and four views of Sydney.
Each pair of maps are intended to form two panoramas when the two plates of each pair are joined together.
Aquatint by John Heaviside Clark; after J. Eyre.
Publisher's advertisements:  page at end.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 566
SML,Y BL13 025: Plates wanting.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in contemporary brown paper covered boards, with publisher's printed spine label. Complete with plates.
- Subject Terms:
- New South Wales -- Description and travel.New South Wales -- History -- 1788-1851.New South Wales -- Social conditions -- 1788-1851.Penal transportation -- Australia -- New South Wales.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1811.
- Plates: A new plan of the settlements in New South Wales
- New South Wales. View of Sydney, from the east side of the cover. No. 1.
- New South Wales. View of Sydney, from the east side of the cover. No. 2-- New South Wales, View of Sydney, from the west side of the cove. No. 1
- New South Wales. View of Sydney, from the west side of the cover. No. 2.