A thousand and one gems of poetry , 
- A thousand and one gems of poetry / selected and arranged by Charles Mackay, LL.D. ; illustrated by J.E. Millais, R.A., Sir John Gilbert, R.A., John Tenniel, Birket Foster, and others.
- [London; George Routledge and Sons. London: Broadway, Ludgate Hill. New York: 9 Lafayette Place, 
New York] : George Routledge and Sons. London: Broadway, Ludgate Hill. New York: 9 Lafayette Place, 
- Physical Description:
- iv, 538 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1175 .T46 1867Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations also by Henry Stacy Marks, Francis William Topham, and Harrison Weir.
Most of the wood engravings by the Dalziel Brothers; others are by Joseph Swain.
Date of publication from NSTC.
Engraved vignette on t.p.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's black- and gilt-stamped blue cloth binding, with gilt edges.
- Subject Terms:
- American poetry.English poetry.George Routledge and Sons -- Publisher.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.
- Gift books -- 1867.
Wood engravings -- 1867.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.