IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Milton, John, 1608-1674, Comus , 1858
Comus : a mask / by John Milton ; with thirty illustrations by Pickersgill, Birket Foster, Harrison Weir, &c. ; engraved by the Brothers Dalziel.
- London : George Routledge & Co. Farringdon Street ; 1858.
New York : 18, Beekman Street, 1858.
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 90,  p. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3557 .A1 1858Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Illustrations also by Edward Henry Corbould.
Printed by Richard Clay, Bread Street Hill.
Wood engraved illustrations (many full-page) throughout.
SML,Y In C154 809j: Bound with: Campbell, T., Gertrude of Wyoming. London, 1857.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's gilt- and black-stamped red cloth, with gilt edges. Binder's ticket: Bound by Bone & Son, 76, Fleet Street, London.
- Subject Terms:
- Bone & Son -- Bookbinder.Clay, Richard -- Printer.G. Routledge and Co. -- Publisher.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance
- Wood engravings -- 1858.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.