The book of sport / edited by William Patten ; contributors, Ruth Underhill ... [et al.].
- New York : J.F. Taylor & Company, 1901.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 411 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (some col.), ports. ; 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV53 .B66 1901+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV53 .B66 1901+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Contributors: Ruth Underhill, Beatrix Hoyt, Herbert M. Harriman, O.H.P. Belmont, Foxhall Keene, Ralph N. Ellis, Edward La Montagne, H.L. Herbert, J. Parmly Paret, Irving Cox, Albert C. Bostwick, H.H. Hunnewell, T. Suffern Tailer, Lawrence M. Stockton, John Jacob Astor, John E. Cowdin, H.B. Duryea, Malcolm D. Whitman, W.P. Stephens, Holcombe Ward, E.H. Miles, Findlay S. Douglas, and Geo. Richmond Fearing, Jr.
Limited de luxe edition of 1500 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in publisher's original quarter blue cloth and gray boards, with printed spine label.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is no. 84 of 1500. Bound in brown half leather and gray marbled boards.
LSF NLa82 +901p: no. 318 of 1500.
LSF NLa82 +901pb: no. 262 of 1500.
Includes essays on women's and men's golf, tennis, racquet, polo, fox-hunting, coaching, autos, and yachting.
- Subject Terms:
- Recreation -- United States.Sports -- United States.United States -- Social life and customs -- 20th century.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1901.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.