The book of sport , 1901
- The book of sport / edited by William Patten ; contributors, Ruth Underhill ... [et al.].
- New York : J.F. Taylor & Company, 1901.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 411 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (some col.), ports. ; 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV53 .B66 1901+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV53 .B66 1901+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Includes essays on women's and men's golf, tennis, racquet, polo, fox-hunting, coaching, autos, and yachting.
Contributors: Ruth Underhill, Beatrix Hoyt, Herbert M. Harriman, O.H.P. Belmont, Foxhall Keene, Ralph N. Ellis, Edward La Montagne, H.L. Herbert, J. Parmly Paret, Irving Cox, Albert C. Bostwick, H.H. Hunnewell, T. Suffern Tailer, Lawrence M. Stockton, John Jacob Astor, John E. Cowdin, H.B. Duryea, Malcolm D. Whitman, W.P. Stephens, Holcombe Ward, E.H. Miles, Findlay S. Douglas, and Geo. Richmond Fearing, Jr.
Limited de luxe edition of 1500 copies.
committed to retain 20170930 20421231 HathiTrust To help ensure preservation of print and digital collections, this title is retained by Yale University Library on behalf of the HathiTrust Shared Print Program.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in publisher's original quarter blue cloth and gray boards, with printed spine label.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is no. 84 of 1500. Bound in brown half leather and gray marbled boards.
LSF NLa82 +901p: no. 318 of 1500.
LSF NLa82 +901pb: no. 262 of 1500.
- Subject Terms:
- Recreation -- United States.Sports -- United States.United States -- Social life and customs -- 20th century.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1901.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.