The epicure's anthology / collected by Nancy Quennell ; with an essay on the epicure and the epicurean by A.J.A. Symons ; and decorations by Osbert Lancaster.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1936.
- Physical Description:
- 187,  pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTX631 .Q46 1936Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Printed and published by Christopher and Anthony Sandford & Owen Rutter at the Golden Cockerel Press, 10 Staple Inn, London, & completed on the 15th day of October, 1936. The edition is limited to 150 numbered copies printed on hand-made paper. An unlimited edition printed on machine-made paper will also be issued."--Page 
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 114
BEIN Za W5655 Zz936Qb: "First Impression: 30th November, 1936. Second Impression: 7th December, 1936"--Preliminary p. . Dust jacket. Accompanied by: book prospectus, 1L. From the Typographical Library in the Monroe Wheeler Papers.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 78 of a limited edition of 150 copies. Bound in full calf.
- Subject Terms:
- Gastronomy.Literature -- Collections.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Wheeler, Monroe, 1899-1988 -- Ownership.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Handmade paper printings (Printing) -- 1936.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.