The A to Z of Georgian London / introductory notes by Ralph Hyde.
- Additional Title(s):
Plan of the cities of London and Westminster and the borough of Southwark. 1982
- London : London Topographical Society, 1982.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 88 p. : maps, facsims. ; 30 cm.
- Reference LibraryG1819.L7 R553 1982 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Scale ca. 1:2400. 26 inches to 1 mile or about 200 feet to the inch.
Originally issued in 24 sheets with index map. Reprinted by the society on 48 pages with the index map.
Pine and Tinney's "Alphabetical index" to Rocque's map (p. 50-81) has been rearranged to be of more help to the modern user.
Reproduction of Jean Rocque's map first published in 1747.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- London (England) -- History -- 18th century.London (England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.London (England) -- Suburbs and environs -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Names, Geographical -- England -- London -- To 1800.
YCBA Collections Search
Rocque, John, -1762, The A to Z of Georgian London , 1982