The poetry of sport, selected and ed. by Hedley Peek, with a chapter on Classical allusions to sport by A. Lang, and a special preface to the Badminton library by A. E. T. Watson.
- London, Longmans, Green & Co., 1896.
- Physical Description:
- xxvi, 420 p. front., illus., pl. 12⁰.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 1746Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: British Art Center copy: The Badminton Library series. Dark blue half morocco, and orange cloth; gold crest on front cover, gold tooling on front and back covers and spine, gold lettering on spine. Plates and illustrations by A. Thorburn, Lucien Davis, C.E. Brock and others. Number 238 of 250 copies, large paper edition. Spine height: 10 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry.Sports -- Poetry.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.