Jane Austen : a bibliography / by Geoffrey Keynes ; author of Bibliographies of John Donne, William Blake, Sir Thomas Browne, et cetera ; with four illustrations from original engravings.
- London : Printed for the Nonesuch Press, 16 Great James Street, Bloomsbury, 1929.
Edinburgh : R. and R. Clark, 1929.
London : Chiswick Press, 1929.
- Physical Description:
- xxv, 289 pages,  leaves of plates : llustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ8048 .K49 1929Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Includes index.
"This edition consists of 875 copies, of which 200 are for the United States of America. The text has been printed by R. & R. Clark in Edinburgh, the collotypes by the Chiswick Press in London."--Colophon.
Contains reproductions of original title-pages, half-titles and labels.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 64
BAC: British Art Center copy is numbers 725 of 875. Bound in pink quarter paper with grey paper covered boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Austen, Jane, 1775-1817 -- Bibliography.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Rollins, Carl Purington 1880-1960 -- Ownership.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Photomechanical prints -- 1929.
- I. Original editions
- II. First American editions
- III. French translations
- IV. Collected editions
- V. Separate reprints
- VI. Letters-- VII. Miscellaneous writings
- VIII. Biography and criticism
- IX. Books from Jane Austen's library.