Memoir of the life and public services of Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles, F.R.S. &c. : particularly in the government of Java, 1811-1816, and of Bencoolen and its dependencies, 1817-1824 : with details of the commerce and resources of the Eastern archipelago, and selections from his correspondence / by his widow.
- London : John Murray, Albemarle Street, MDCCCXXX 
London : Gilbert and Rivington, printer, St. John's Square, 
- Physical Description:
- xv, , 723, , 100 pages,  leaves of plates ( folded) : illustrations, portraits, maps ; 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS646.26.R3 R34 1830+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by Samuel Cousins and James Basire; after H. Corbould and Franz Bauer.
"Only twelve copies are printed on this paper."--Page ii.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 555
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in 19th century gilt-tooled green morocco. Inscribed by Lady Raffles: Earl Minto with the Editor's Complts. Laid in: ALS, Feb. 21, 1830, from Lady Raffles to Earl Minto.
- Subject Terms:
- Colonial administrators -- Great Britain -- Biography.Colonial administrators -- Indonesia -- Biography.Colonial administrators -- Singaport -- Biography.Java (Indonesia)Malay Archipelago -- Politics and government.Minto, Earl -- ALS from Lady Raffles, Feb. 21, 1830.Minto, Earl -- Pres. insc. from Lady Raffles.Raffles, Lady -- ALS to Earl Minto, Feb. 21, 1830.Raffles, Lady -- Pres. insc. to Earl Minto.Raffles, Thomas Stamford, Sir, 1781-1826.Statesmen -- Malay Archipelago -- Biography.
- Engravings -- 1830.
Aquatints -- 1830.
YCBA Collections Search
Raffles, Sophia, Lady, 1786-1858, Memoir of the life and public services of Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles, F.R.S. &c. , MDCCCXXX 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.