Book and painting : Shakespeare, Milton, and the Bible : literary texts and the emergence of English painting / by Ronald Paulson.
- 1st ed.
- Knoxville : University of Tennessee Press, c1982.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 236 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryN6766 .P36 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and literature -- England.Art, English.Art, Modern -- 17th century -- England.Art, Modern -- 18th century -- England.Bible -- Illustrations.Milton, John, 1608-1674 -- Illustrations.Paulson, Ronald -- Donor.Paulson, Ronald -- Ms. notes.Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Illustrations.Ut pictura poesis (Aesthetics)
YCBA Collections Search
Paulson, Ronald, Book and painting , c1982