IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sir Gawain and the Green Knight , 1952
Sir Gawain and the Green Knight : a prose translation / with an introductory essay by Gwyn Jones ; with six engravings in colour by Dorothea Braby.
- Additional Title(s):
Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1952.
- Physical Description:
- , 95 pages : color illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2065 .G39 1952+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- "Designed, produced, and published by Christopher Sandford at the Golden Cockerel Press, London. Composition and presswork under the supervision of E.T. Kelly at the Chiswick Press. The edition is limited to 360 numbered copies printed on Arnold's mould-made paper in Caslon's Old Face type with Pharos and Goudy Open titling. Numbers 1-60 are specially bound."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 15 of 360. Bound in green and rose morocco by Sangorski & Sutcliffe. Signed by Gwyn Jones and Dorothea Braby.
SML,Y Id G24 +952: "No. 187."
- Subject Terms:
- Arthurian romances.Braby, Dorothea -- Autograph.Gawain (Legendary character) -- Romances.Jones, Gwyn -- Autograph.Knights and knighthood -- Poetry.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Chromoxylographs -- 1952.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.