IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Poems of the great war , 1914
Poems of the great war : published on behalf of the Prince of Wales's National Relief Fund.
- Fifth edition.
- London : Chatto & Windus, 1914.
Guildford : Printed by Billing and Sons, Ltd.
- Physical Description:
- 39,  pages ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1195.H5 P64 1914Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David Alan Richards, Yale BA 1967, JD 1972View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- With an illustration by William Richardson on the front cover.
Printer's statement from page .
Campbell, C. William Nicholson : the graphic work, 147
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original illustrated wrappers. Second state of cover design.
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry -- 20th century.War poetry, English.World War, 1914-1918 -- Poetry.
- "Wake up, England" / Robert Bridges
- The vigil / Henry Newholt
- To the troubler of the world / William Watson
- To England: to strike quickly / Maurice Hewlett
- The fourth of August / Laurence Binyon
- The united front / Alfred Noyes
- England to the sea / R.E. Vernède
- The hour / J.B. Fagan
- The wife of Flanders / G.K. Chesterton
- The stars in their courses / John Freeman
- Commandeered / L.G. Moberly
- The man who keeps his head / Harold Begbie
- France / Cecil Chesterton
- We willed it not / John Drinkwater
- Pro patria / Owen Seaman
- Hymn before action / Rudyard Kipling
- Hymn in war time / Robert Bridges.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.