Nonesuch Press, The Nonesuch century , 1936
- The Nonesuch century : an appraisal, a personal note and a bibliography of the first hundred books issued by the press, 1923-1934.
- London : The Nonesuch Press, 1936.
- Physical Description:
- xi, , 80 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 31 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ232.N66 N66 1936+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Illustrative text and title pages on second set of  pages reset in the original types and printed at Cambridge, the page areas indicated by ruled lines. Inserts on the following 96 pages of brown paper reset and printed or stencilled by the printers of the books from which they have been taken"--History of the Nonesuch Press.
At head of title: A.J.A. Symons, Desmond Flower, Francis Meynell.
"This edition consists of 750 copies for sale in England by the Nonesuch Press and in the United States of America by Random House. It has ben printed and made in England by Walter Lewis, M.A., Printer to the University, at the Cambridge University Press. The illustrative text and title pages have been reset and the section of insets reset and printed or stencilled by the printers of the books from which they have been taken."--Colophon.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 106
AOB copy has a pamphlet laid in, edition of 750: "The Nonesuch century; an appraisal, a personal note and a bibliography of the first hundred books issued by the press, 1923-1934".
AOB has copy no. 574. "Inscribed for Alfred Reginald Allen by Francis Meynell, March 23, 1936".
BAC: British Art Center has copy no. 425 of 750. Bound in green buckram.
- The indexes -- Appraisal, by A.J.A. Symons -- The personal element, by Francis Meynell -- The bibliography, by Desmond Flower -- Devices -- Bindings -- Text and title-pages, other than inserts -- Illustrations and inset pages.
- Subject Terms:
- Nonesuch Press -- Bibliography.Nonesuch Press -- History.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Rollins, Carl Purington 1880-1960 -- Ownership.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.