Rice, James, 1843-1882, History of the British turf, from the earliest times to the present day, 1879
History of the British turf, from the earliest times to the present day. By James Rice ...
- London, S. Low, Marston, Searle, and Rivington, 1879.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. fronts. (ports.) 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 1840Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 219
MUDD Uzfe72 G5 879: Front. (v. 1) wanting.
BAC: British Art Center copy: 2 volumes. Diagonal very fine rib-grain red cloth; gold lettering and stamped in black on front covers and spines, pictorial stamping on front covers, blind stamped on back covers. Volume I: Half-title, frontispiece, title-page, errata note, 1 plate of a wood engraving, 1 wood engraving in text. Volume II: Half-title, frontispiece, title-page, errata note, publisher's ads, 1 plate of wood-engraving, 1 wood-engraving in text. Spine height: 9 ins.
- Subject Terms:
- Horse racing -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.