The prologue from The Canterbury tales : text based mainly on the Ellesmere MS. / original screen images printed by Ronald King.
- Additional Title(s):
Canterbury tales. Prologue
- London : Editions Alecto, 1967.
- Physical Description:
- , 57 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 54 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 31View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Issued in cloth slipcase.
Cooking the books, p. 166
Courtney, C. Looking book, p. 172
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 75 of 125, with 15 artist's proofs. Signed by artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Chaucer, Geoffrey, -1400. The Canterbury tales. -- Illustrations.Christian pilgrims and pilgrimages -- England -- Canterbury -- Poetry.Editions Alecto Ltd. -- Publisher.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Screen prints -- 1967.
YCBA Collections Search
Chaucer, Geoffrey, -1400, The prologue from The Canterbury tales , 1967
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.