William Gilpin on Picturesque beauty : an essay / by J.F.A. Roberts ; with a biographical note by S.C.R. [i.e. Sydney Castle Roberts]
- Cambridge : Printed for private circulation at the University Press, 1944.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 15 p. : ill., port. ; 20 cm.
- Reference LibraryN66 R62 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.Rare Books and ManuscriptsN66 .R63 1944Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Charles RyskampView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- A criticism of the first part of Gilpin's Three essays ... London, 1792.
Includes a frontispiece portrait of J.F.A. Roberts.
"250 copies printed"--Verso of half-title.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original brown quarter cloth and green boards. ALS to Charles Ryskamp from Sydney Castle Roberts, 5 Oct 1961, laid in.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Philosophy.Gilpin, William, 1724-1804. Essay on picturesque beauty.Nature (Aesthetics).Roberts, J. F. A. (John Frank Arnold), 1914-1944.Roberts, S. C. (Sydney Castle) -- ALS to Charles Ryskamp, 1961 Oct 5.Ryskamp, Charles -- ALS from S. C. Roberts, 1961 Oct 5.University Press -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Roberts, J. F. A. (John Frank Arnold), 1914-1944, William Gilpin on Picturesque beauty , 1944