Illustrations of the mode of preparing the Indian opium intended for the Chinese market / from drawings made by Captain Walter S. Sherwill.
- Additional Title(s):
Indian opium, its mode of preparation for the Chinese market
- London : James Madden, 1851.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaves of plates : col ill. ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHV5840.I5 S54 1851+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title: The Indian opium, its mode of preparation for the Chinese market. From drawings by Capt. Walter S. Sherwill, Royal Native Infantry, Revenue Surveyor.
Tinted lithographs by Maclure, Macdonald & Macgregor.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 478
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original illustrated boards.
MUDD WE 1764: Poor condition. Bound with Francis, C.R. Sketches of native life in India. 1848.
- Subject Terms:
- Maclure, Macdonald & Macgregor -- Printer.Madden, J. -- Publisher.Narcotics -- China -- History.Narcotics -- India -- History.Opium trade -- China.Opium trade -- History.Opium trade -- India.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1851
- The examining hall, opium factory at Patna, India
- The mixing room, opium factory at Patna, India
- The balling room, opium factory at Patna, India
- Drying room, opium factory at Patna, India
- The stacking room, opium factory at Patna, India
- The opium fleet, descending the Ganges en route to Calcutta
- (Opium and knife).