Smith, James, 1775-1839, Rejected addresses, or, The new Theatrum poetarum, 1833
Rejected addresses, or, The new Theatrum poetarum.
- Additional Title(s):
New theatrum poetarum
- 18th ed. / carefully revised, with original preface and notes, by the authors.
- London : John Murray, 1833.
- Physical Description:
- xxxi, 170 p. : ill. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5453.S8 A67 1833Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Parodies of contemporary poets by James and Horace Smith.
Wood engravings throughout text by George Cruikshank. Stipple-engraved frontispiece by Edward Finden; after George Henry Harlowe.
Printed by J. Moyes, Castle Street, Leicester Square.
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 759
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-tooled red calf. Original blue paper wrappers bound in. Autograph of George Cruikshank tipped in before front paper wrapper. Publisher's advertisements 12 p. at end not included in pagination.
- Subject Terms:
- Cruikshank, George, 1792-1878 -- Autograph.Moyes, J. -- Printer.Murray, John -- Publisher.Parodies, English.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.Wit and humor, English.
- Parodies -- England -- London -- 1833.
Wood engravings -- 1833.
Stipple engravings -- 1833.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.