Smith, Harry Worcester, 1865-1945, Life and sport in Aiken and those who made it,, [c1935]
Life and sport in Aiken and those who made it, by Harry Worcester Smith.
- New York : The Derrydale Press, [c1935]
- Physical Description:
- xi p., 1 l., 237 p. mounted col. front., plates, ports., facsims. (1 fold.) 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 2014Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps on lining-papers; frontispiece accompanied by guard sheet with descriptive letterpress.
"Nine hundred and fifty copies ... have been printed by Eugene V. Connett."
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 433
SML F279 A2 S65 (LC): Presentation copy with typed letter pasted in.
BAC: British Art Center copy: Diagonal very fine rib-grain bright green cloth; gold lettering on front cover and spine, blind stamped on front and back covers, pictorial stamping on spine, top edge gilt, untrimmed. Green dust jacket; tan lettering on spine. Half-title, color frontispiece, title-page, 1 plate of a halftone-photoengraving, 35 plates of halftone-photoengravings, 1 plate of a line-photoengraving, 1 plate of photolithograph, 1 plate of typeset matter, 1 line photoengraving in text, 1 line-photoengraving on title-page. The color frontispiece is covered with a tissue guard-sheet on which the title is imprinted. 7 of the halftone plates are printed on both sides. Original drawings by Lionel Edwards. One of 950 copies. Spine height: 9 3/4 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Hitchcock, Louise Eustis, 1867-1934.Hitchcock, Thomas, 1860-Horse racing -- South Carolina -- Aiken.Sports -- South Carolina -- Aiken.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.