The arms of the colleges of Oxford / by Henry Shaw, F.S.A. author of Dress and decoration of the Middle Ages, &c. &c. ; with historical notices of the colleges by John W. Burgon, M.A. Fellow of Oriel College.
- Oxford : Spiers and Son, 1855.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsLF528 .S53 1855+Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Half-title: Arms of the colleges of Oxford: with historical devices.
Title page, advertisement, and dedication dated 1855. Final page dated 1857.
Title page printed in black and red.
Cordeaux, E.H. Bibliography of printed works relating to the University of Oxford, 6492
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half leather, with gilt edges. Hand colored plates include silver and gold illumination; may have been colored by Henry Shaw. Each plate includes a date (of the coloring?) in pen and ink, ranging from 1852 to 1857.
- Subject Terms:
- Heraldry -- Great Britain.Spiers and Son -- Publisher.University of Oxford -- Heraldry.University of Oxford -- History.
- Armorial bindings (Binding)
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1855.
YCBA Collections Search
Shaw, Henry, 1800-1889, The arms of the colleges of Oxford , 1855
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.