The costumes of the members of the University of Oxford.
- Additional Title(s):
Oxford University costumes
- Oxford : Pubd. by F. Trash, [1840?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( p.) : all ill. ; 11 x 110 cm, folded to 11 x 8 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsLF528 .C67 1840Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- An imitation of Nathaniel Whittock's work of the same title (London, ca. 1840).
Date of publication from Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 551
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in contemporary (?) purple cloth. Plates are hand-colored.
A series of 15 illustrations of men in the academic costume of the University of Oxford.
- Subject Terms:
- Academic costume -- England -- Oxford.Costume -- Great Britain.Trash, F. -- Publisher.University of Oxford -- Students -- Clothing.
- Accordion fold format (Binding)
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1840.
- Gent. commoner undress gown
- Gent. commoner dress gown
- Nobleman undress gown
- Nobleman dress gown
- Bachelor of Arts
- Doctor of Divinity
- Master of Arts
- Doctor of Music
- Master of Civil Law
- Pro Proctor
- Doctor of Divinity dress gown
- Chancellor of the University.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.