Richardson, Andrew Hude, A description of the Oxford baths, and school of natation , [ca. 1830]
A description of the Oxford baths, and school of natation / illustrated with four lithographic plates, by N. Whittock.
- Oxford : Printed for A.H. Richardson, the proprietor of the baths; and sold by all booksellers, [ca. 1830]
- Physical Description:
- 8 p., IV leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsRA606 .R53 1830+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- By Andrew Hude Richardson.
Lithographs by Nathaniel Whittock; after Thomas Greenshields, architect.
Printed by Bartlett and Hinton, Oxford.
Date of publication attributed by Bodleian Library Catalogue.
"Price four shillings, boards."--Printed title label on cover.
MUDD Uhp71 +830r: Terms added in manuscript.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in quarter leather and paper boards, with publisher's printed title label.
- Subject Terms:
- Bartlett and Hinton -- Printer.Baths -- England -- Oxford.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1830.Richardson, A. H. -- Publisher.Swimming -- England -- Oxford.Swimming pools -- Design and construction -- 19th century.Swimming pools -- England -- Oxford.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.