The history of the origin, progress, and termination of the American war / by C. Stedman : who served under Sir W. Howe, Sir H. Clinton, and the Marquis Cornwallis ; in two volumes.
- Additional Title(s):
Half-title: History of the American war
- London : Printed for the author, and sold by J. Murray, Fleet-Street : J. Debrett, Piccadilly : and J. Kerby, corner of Wigmore-Street, Cavendish-Square, 1794.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : maps, plans ; 28 cm (4to)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsE208 .S74 1794+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Pagination: v. 1: xv, , 399,  p.,  leaves of plates (6 folded); v. 2: xv, , 449,  p.,  leaves of plates (5 folded).
Signatures: v. 1: a⁴ (a1, a2, a4 versos blank) A-3E⁴ (A4 verso blank); v. 2: pi⁴ (pi1, pi2 versos blank) A-3N⁴ (A4, 3M1,3N4 versos blank).
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary blue paper boards. Signed in manuscript: Lafayette de Beaumont, 1854.
- Subject Terms:
- Beaumont, Lafayette de -- Autograph.United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- British forces.United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783.
- Engravings -- 1794.
- Plates: Battle of Bunker's Hill
- Battle of Long Island, or Brooklyn
- Fort Washington, afterwards called Knyphausen
- Battle of White Plains
- Camp at Saratoga
- Attack of Fort Clinton
- Fayette's Position, Barren Hill Church, and Matson's Ford
- Siege of Savannah
- Siege of Charletown
- Battle of Camden
- British Troops crossing the Catawba
- Battle Guildford Court House, North Carolina
- Battle of Hobkirk's Hill, South Carolina
- Position of the English and French Fleets immediately previous to the action of the 5th of September 1781
- Siege of York and Gloucester in Virginia.