Directions to servants / by the Rev. Jonathan Swift, D.D., Dean of Saint Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin ; with decorations by John Nash.
- Waltham Saint Lawrence in Berkshire : The Golden Cockerel Press, MCMXXV 
- Physical Description:
- , 35,  pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTX333 .S95 1925+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Here end 'Directions to servants,' by the Reverend Jonathan Swift, D.D., Dean of Saint Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin, printed at the Golden Cockerel Press, at Waltham Saint Lawrence in Berkshire, and completed on the 3rd of January, 1925. Compositors: F. Young, A.H. Gibbs, & W.R. Mills. Pressman: A.C. Cooper. Wood-engravings by John Nash. The edition is limited to 380 copies, of which 350 are for sale."--Colophon.
Text in double columns.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 23
BEIN 2014 +369: No. 8 signed by the illustrator. Unopened. Binder's stamp: Bound by Mansell & Co., London.
SML,Y Ik Sw55 +745f: Number 182.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 51 of 380. Bound in quarter parchment with green paper covered boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Household employees -- Great Britain.Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence.
Wood engravings -- 1925.
Binders' stamps (Binding) -- Mansell & Co.
YCBA Collections Search
Swift, Jonathan, 1667-1745, Directions to servants , MCMXXV 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.