An account of the visit of His Royal Highness the Prince Regent and Their Imperial and Royal Majesties the Emperor of Russia and the King of Prussia to the University of Oxford in June MDCCXIV.
- Oxford : At the Clarendon Press, 1815.
- Physical Description:
- , 98 p.,  leaves of plates ( folded) : ill. ; 38cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsLF519 A23 1815+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by George Hawkins.
Title page engraved by Samuel John Neele.
The folded plate presents excerpts from the Bible printed in various Roman and non-Roman fonts, and may be regarded as a type-specimen sheet of the Oxford University Press.
BAC: British Art Center copy is Lord Grenville's own copy. Bound in maroon gilt-stamped morocco, with dentelles, doublures. Armorial device in gilt on front and back covers. Bound by C. Lewis. Large-paper copy. Printed on vellum with title page in two states. Type specimen sheet, on double leaves, bordered in gold. Extra-illustrated with 13 additional portraits, not printed on vellum. With a laid in broadside removed: At a meeting of the Chancellor, Heads of Houses, and Proctors in the Delegates' Room, on Thursday, June 16, 1814 ... (BACRB Folio A 2010 51).
- Subject Terms:
- Alexander I, Emperor of Russia, 1777-1825.Clarendon Press -- Publisher.Dinners and dining -- England -- Oxford.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1815.Frederick William III, King of Prussia, 1770-1840.George IV, King of Great Britain, 1762-1830.Grenville, William Wyndham Grenville, Baron, 1759-1834 -- Provenance.Lewis, Charles, 1786-1836 -- Binder.Oxford (England) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Radcliffe Library (University of Oxford)Royal visitors -- England -- Oxford.University of Oxford.Visits of state -- England -- Oxford.
- Type specimens -- England -- Oxford -- 1815.
Armorial bindings (Provenance)
Armorial bindings (Binding)
Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
Vellum printings (Printing)
YCBA Collections Search
University of Oxford, An account of the visit of His Royal Highness the Prince Regent and Their Imperial and Royal Majesties the Emperor of Russia and the King of Prussia to the University of Oxford in June MDCCXIV, 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.