A specimen book of types & ornaments in use at the Curwen Press, Plaistow, London.
- Additional Title(s):
Specimen book of types and ornaments in use at the Curwen Press
- London : Published for the Curwen Press by The Fleuron Ltd., 1928.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 229,  p.,  folded leaf of plates : ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ250 .C98 1928+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Includes type specimens, initial letters, borders, printer's flowers, ornaments, head-pieces, vignettes, and one folded leaf of poster type.
Includes work by Paul Nash, Lovat Fraser, Albert Rutherston, and Eric Gill.
Versos of most leaves blank.
Preface signed: O. S. Edited and designed by O. Simon. Cf. H. Simon. Song and words.
"Catalogue raisonné of books printed at the Curwen Press, 1926-27": p. [233-241]
Limited edition of 135 copies.
SML,AOB : Slight variation in imprint.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 86 of a limited edition of 135 copies. Bound in original green cloth, with leather spine label.
- Subject Terms:
- Book ornamentation.Curwen Press.Printers' ornaments -- Specimens.Printing -- Specimens.Type and type-founding -- England -- Specimens.Type ornaments.
- Type specimens.
YCBA Collections Search
Curwen Press, A specimen book of types & ornaments in use at the Curwen Press, Plaistow, London, 1928
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.