Tenison, Louisa Mary Anne Anson, Lady, d. 1882, Castile and Andalucia , MDCCCLIII 
Castile and Andalucia / by Lady Louisa Tenison.
- London : Richard Bentley, Publisher in Ordinary to Her Majesty, MDCCCLIII 
- Physical Description:
- xi, , 488 p.,  leaves of plates ( folded) : ill. ; 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDP41 .T46 1853+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The landscape and architectural drawings are from my own sketches, but the figures are from the pencil of Mr. Egron Lundgren, a Swedish artist now residing in Seville ..."--Preface.
"The whole of the illustrations ... have been executed under the superintendence of ... Mr. John F. Lewis."--Preface.
Printed by Schulze and Co., 13, Poland Street, London.
With wood-engraved head-pieces by Josiah Wood Whymper.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's blind- and gilt-tooled red cloth. Binder's ticket: Bound by Westley's & Co. London.
"[The] results of passing observations made during a two years' residence in the country ..."--Preface.
- Subject Terms:
- Andalusia (Spain) -- Description and travel.Bentley, Richard -- Publisher.Castile (Spain) -- Description and travel.Schulze and Co. -- Printer.Spain -- Description and travel.Westley's & Co. -- Binding.
- Wood engravings -- 1853.
Lithographs -- 1853.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1853.
- Plates: Alhambra from Sn. Nicolas
- Malaga from the Ermitas
- Arriving at a posada
- Carmen, Granada
- Cathedral, Seville
- Gipsey Dance
- Processions, Holy Week
- The Fair (Feria), Seville
- Cartuja, Xeres
- Ronda --Antequera
- Night on the Pichacho
- Palace, Madrid
- Sto. Domingo de Silos
- Tomb of the Cid
- Sn. Gregoria, Valladolid
- Cathedral, Leon
- Sanjusto, Segovia
- Cathedral, Cordoba.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.