Johnson, J. (John), 1777-1848, Typographia , 1824
- Typographia : or, the Printers' instructor : including an account of the origin of printing, with biographical notices of the printers of England, from Caxton to the close of the sixteenth century : a series of ancient and modern alphabets, and Domesday characters : together with an elucidation of every subject connected with the art / by J. Johnson, printer.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Printers' instructor.
- London : Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown & Green, 1824.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., ports. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ124 J64 1824Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- SML,Y: 24 cm.
LWL: 14 cm.
Added engraved t.p.
BAC: British Art Center copy is in original boards, as issued and is 14 cm.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1824.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown & Green -- Publisher.Printing -- Great Britain -- History.Printing.Rollins, Carl Purington 1880-1960 -- Ownership.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.