The Tunbridge Wells guide, or, An account of the ancient and present state of that place : to which is added a particular description of towns and villages, remains of antiquity, gentlemens seats, founderies, &c. &c. within the circumference of sixteen miles.
- Additional Title(s):
Tunbridge Wells guide
Account of the ancient and present state of that place
- Tunbridge Wells : Printed and sold by J. Sprange, 1780.
- Physical Description:
- , viii, 68, 54, vi, 53-98, xii, 99-106, vi,1 07-178,14,16,  p.,  leaves of plates ( folded) : ill. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.T92 S67 1780Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by Harry Ashby and Walker; after James Roberts and James Lambert.
The titlepage and dedication leaf, which is signed "J. Sprange," are engraved.
Engraved vignette on title page.
'A description of Tunbridge Wells' has a separate title page.
ESTC (RLIN), T70309
With a final advertisement leaf.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary full calf. Armorial bookplate: Sir Thomas MIller.
- Subject Terms:
- Baths -- England -- Tunbridge Wells -- Early works to 1800.Health resorts -- England -- Tunbridge Wells -- Early works to 1800.Miller, Thomas, Sir -- Bookplate.Tunbridge Wells (England) -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Tunbridge Wells (England) -- Guidebooks -- Early works to 1800.Tunbridge Wells (England) -- Social conditions -- Early works to 1800.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Sprange, J. (Jasper), 1746-1823, The Tunbridge Wells guide, or, An account of the ancient and present state of that place , 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.