Voyage of H.M.S. Blonde to the Sandwich Islands, in the years 1824-1825 , MDCCCXXVI 
- Voyage of H.M.S. Blonde to the Sandwich Islands, in the years 1824-1825 / Captain the Right Hon. Lord Byron, commander.
- London : John Murray, Albemarle-Street, MDCCCXXVI 
London : Printed by Thomas Davison, Whitefriars, 
- Physical Description:
- x, , 260 pages,  leaves of plates ( folded) : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDU623 .V69 1826+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The following narrative has been compiled from the various journals and notes made by some of the officers and other gentlemen that accompanied Lord Byron on his interesting voyage to the Sandwich islands."--Preface.
The papers were collected by the chaplain, Mr. Richard Bloxam, and edited by Mrs. Maria Graham.
Engravings by Edward Finden; after Robert Dampier.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 597
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original brown paper covered boards, with printed title label on spine. Inscribed: Lady Elizabeth Repton-the gift of her affectionate son. Nov. 1829.
- Track of H.M.S. Blonde -- Plan of the Volcano at Peli -- Great Volcano of Peli, at Hawaii -- Native girl of the Sandwich Islands -- Naheinaheina. Princess of the Sandwich Islands -- View of part of Lahaina in Maui -- View near Honoruru, Oahu -- Kiaukiauli. King of the Sandwich Islands -- Fish ponds at Honoruru, Oahu -- Waterfall in Byron Bay -- Lord Byron's House at Byron Bay -- Waikeea River in Byron Bay -- Missionary House in Byron Bay -- Morai nea Karakakooa -- Malden's Island.
- Subject Terms:
- Blonde (Ship)Hawaii -- Description and travel.Pacific Ocean -- Description and travel.Pacific Ocean -- Discovery and exploration -- British.Repton, Elizabeth, Lady -- Pres. insc. from her son, Nov. 1829.
- Aquatints -- 1826.
Stipple engravings -- 1826.
Engravings -- 1826.
Wood engravings -- 1826.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.