IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Lytton, Edward Bulwer Lytton, Baron, 1803-1873, The wooing of Master Fox , 1866
The wooing of Master Fox / by Sir Edward Bulwer Lytton, Bart. ; arranged for children by O.D. Martin ; illustrated by White.
- Philadelphia : Ashmead & Evans, No. 724, Chestnut Street, 1866.
Philadelphia : Stereotyped by J. Fagan & Son ; Printed by Henry B. Ashmead
- Physical Description:
- iv, 5-32 pages,  leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4922 .W66 1866Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- With an added illustrated title page.
Running title: The wooing of Master Fox : A legend of the Rhine.
Dedication signed and dated: O.D. Martin, Oct. 1, 1865.
Engravings: Initials, head-piece, and tail-pieces.
The chromoxylographs engraved by Van Ingen-Snyder.
Printer's statement from title page verso.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original green cloth, stamped in gold and black.
- Subject Terms:
- Deception -- Juvenile literature.Dogs -- Juvenile literature.Foxes -- Juvenile literature.Griffins -- Juvenile literature.Honesty -- Juvenile literature.Picture books for children.
- Fairy tales.
Chromoxylographs -- 1866.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.