IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Willson, Marcius, 1813-1905, Willson's primary speller , [1863?]
Willson's primary speller : a simple and progressive course of lessons in spelling, with reading and dictation exercises, and the elements of oral and written compositions / by Marcius Willson.
- New York : Harper & Brothers, Franklin Square, [1863?]
- Physical Description:
- iv, , 6-80 pages : illustrations ; 17 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPE1145 .W55 1863Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Ellen and Arthur Liman, Yale JD 1957View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Title within wood-engraved border.
Issued in printed and illustrated boards; series list on back cover.
BAC: British Art Center copy in publisher's original printed boards. Signed in manuscript: Arminta T. Dutt, Upper Mount Bethel, Pa., Dec. 28th, 1888.
- Subject Terms:
- Children's literature, American -- 19th century.Dutt, Arminta T. -- Autograph.English language -- Orthography and spelling -- Juvenile literature.Liman, Ellen and Arthur -- Provenance.
- Wood engravings -- 1863.
Spellers -- United States -- 19th century.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.