Willson's primary speller : a simple and progressive course of lessons in spelling, with reading and dictation exercises, and the elements of oral and written compositions / by Marcius Willson.
- New York : Harper & Brothers, Franklin Square, [1863?]
- Physical Description:
- iv, , 6-80 pages : illustrations ; 17 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPE1145 .W55 1863Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Ellen and Arthur Liman, Yale JD 1957Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title within wood-engraved border.
Issued in printed and illustrated boards; series list on back cover.
committed to retain 20190228 20421231 HathiTrust To help ensure preservation of print and digital collections, this title is retained by Yale University Library on behalf of the HathiTrust Shared Print Program.
BAC: British Art Center copy in publisher's original printed boards. Signed in manuscript: Arminta T. Dutt, Upper Mount Bethel, Pa., Dec. 28th, 1888.
- Subject Terms:
- Children's literature, American -- 19th century.Dutt, Arminta T. -- Autograph.English language -- Orthography and spelling -- Juvenile literature.Liman, Ellen and Arthur -- Provenance.
- Wood engravings -- 1863.
Spellers -- United States -- 19th century.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.