Paxton's magazine of botany, and register of flowering plants, MDCCCXXIV-MDCCCXLIX [1834-1849]
Paxton's magazine of botany, and register of flowering plants.
- Additional Title(s):
Register of flowering plants
- London : Orr and Smith, Paternoster Row, MDCCCXXIV-MDCCCXLIX [1834-1849]
- Physical Description:
- 16 v. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQK1 .P3Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Rosemarie Haag Bletter and Martin FillerAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Published by William S. Orr & Co., 1837-1849.
Includes lithographed and wood-engraved illustrations.
No more published?
Also available in microfiche from IDC.
BAC: British Art Center copy includes volume 1 only. Bound in contemporary olive leather and marbled boards.
Periodical devoted to the illustration in colour of new and uncommon plants grown in British gardens; although primarily horticultural in appeal, it contains the first descriptions of many new species.
- Subject Terms:
- Botany -- Periodicals.Flowers -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works -- Periodicals.Flowers -- Identification -- Periodicals.Gardening -- Great Britain -- Periodicals.Horticulture -- Great Britain -- Periodicals.
- Wood engravings -- 1834-1849.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1834-1849.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.