IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Paxton's magazine of botany, and register of flowering plants, MDCCCXXIV-MDCCCXLIX [1834-1849]
Paxton's magazine of botany, and register of flowering plants.
- Additional Title(s):
Register of flowering plants
- London : Orr and Smith, Paternoster Row, MDCCCXXIV-MDCCCXLIX [1834-1849]
- Physical Description:
- 16 v. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQK1 .P3Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Rosemarie Haag Bletter and Martin FillerView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Published by William S. Orr & Co., 1837-1849.
Includes lithographed and wood-engraved illustrations.
No more published?
Also available in microfiche from IDC.
BAC: British Art Center copy includes volume 1 only. Bound in contemporary olive leather and marbled boards.
Periodical devoted to the illustration in colour of new and uncommon plants grown in British gardens; although primarily horticultural in appeal, it contains the first descriptions of many new species.
- Subject Terms:
- Botany -- Periodicals.Flowers -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works -- Periodicals.Flowers -- Identification -- Periodicals.Gardening -- Great Britain -- Periodicals.Horticulture -- Great Britain -- Periodicals.
- Wood engravings -- 1834-1849.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1834-1849.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.