Weston, Robert Harcourt, Letters and important documents relative to the Edystone Lighthouse , 1811
- Letters and important documents relative to the Edystone Lighthouse : selected chiefly from the correspondence of the late Robert Weston, Esq., and from other manuscripts : to which is added a report made to the Lords of the Treasury in 1809 by the Trinity Corporation : with some observations upon that report / by Robert Harcourt Weston ...
- Alternate Title(s):
- Documents relative to the Edystone Lighthouse
- London : Printed by C. Baldwin, New Bridge Street, for G. and W. Nicol, booksellers to His Majesty, Pall-Mall; and for Robert Baldwin, No. 47, Paternoster Row, 1811.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, ix-xv,1, 308 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsVK1059 .W47 1811+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Half-title: Documents relative to the Edystone Lighthouse.
Engravings by H. Mutlow; after M. Dixon.
Pages ix-xv (2nd group) misnumbered.
BM (compact ed.), v. 26, p. 1067
"Embellished with two views of the lighthouse, one representing the edifice as it appears on a morning after a storm, and the other in a calm."--Title page.
Errata on p. [viii].
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary blue paper-covered boards. Bookplate: Thomas Jeston White. Inscribed: H.C. from Ashley. Includes a newspaper clipping pasted to recto of back cover describing annual sermon in commemoration of the great storm of 1703 which destroyed Edystone Lighthouse. Annotations on p. 368 dated 21st May 1821.
- Subject Terms:
- Ashley -- Pres. insc. to H. C.Baldwin, C. -- PrinterBaldwin, Robert -- PublisherEddystone Lighthouse (England)H. C. -- Pres. insc. from AshleyLighthouses -- Great Britain.Nicol, G. and W. -- PublisherWhite, Thomas Jeston -- Bookplate
- Engravings -- 1811.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.