Life and adventures of Peter Porcupine : with other records of his early career in England & America : viz: Life & adventures, The scarecrow, Remarks of the pamphlets, Talleyrand: a spy, Farewell to America, A court-martial, A retrospect / by William Cobbett.
- London : The Nonesuch Press, MCMXXVII 
- Physical Description:
- , 163,  pages : color illustration ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA522.C63 A2 1927Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Edited with an introduction by G. D. H. Cole. The pieces were selected "to make a sort of autobiography of William Cobbett up to the time of his return from America in 1800."
"Of this edition 1800 copies have been printed for sale in England and America by T. & A. Constable Ltd., the University Press, Edinburgh, during May 127, in Baskerville type upon Arches papers for the Nonesuch Press. The frontispiece, afer the cartoon by Gillray, is coloured through stencils by the Curwen Press, London."--Colophon.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 41
SML By58 83m: Copy no. 1348.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no 1058 of 1800. Bound in black quarter cloth with marble paper covered boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Cobbett, William, 1763-1835.Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1800-1837.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1927.
YCBA Collections Search
Cobbett, William, 1763-1835, Life and adventures of Peter Porcupine , MCMXXVII 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.