Morris, F. O. (Francis Orpen), 1810-1893, A series of picturesque views of seats of the noblemen and gentlemen of Great Britain and Ireland, 
- A series of picturesque views of seats of the noblemen and gentlemen of Great Britain and Ireland. With descriptive and historical letterpress. Edited by the Rev. F.O. Morris ...
- London, William Mackenzie 
Edinburgh, William Mackenzie 
Dublin, William Mackenzie 
- Physical Description:
- 6 v. 234 col. plates (incl. fronts.) 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA660 M87 1880+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA660 M87 1880+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 99-100
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC : British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 2 has the bookplate of R.K. Whitehead.
BAC : Plates by A.F. Lydon.
BAC : "B. Fawcett, engraver and printer, Driffield."
Title in red and black.
Added t.-p.'s, colored.
Cover-title: County seats of the noblemen & gentlemen of Great Britain & Ireland.
Published in 1880, according to Morris, M.C.F. Benjamin Fawcett: colour printer and engraver. Oxford, 1925, p. 62.
First published in parts between 1864? and 1880 under title: The county seats of the noblemen and gentlemen of Great Britain and Ireland.--Cf. Morris, p. 59.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Country homes -- Great Britain.Historic buildings -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.