The elements of drawing : containing the first principles of light and shade, colouring, and perspective, with engravings, and coloured examples of tints / by George Marshall Mather.
- Additional Title(s):
Mather's elements of drawing.
- Edinburgh : D. Lizars, 1830.
- Physical Description:
- 46 p., 8 leaves of plates : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC730 M37 1830Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- and gold- stamped maroon publisher's binding. Cover title: Mather's elements of drawing.
Illustrations by D. Lizars.
Contains some color samples.
Printed by Andrew Shortreed, Thistle Lane, Edinburgh.
BAC: Contains publisher's advertisement.
- Subject Terms:
- Colors.Drawing -- Technique.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1830.Lizars, Daniel, d. 1812. -- Publisher.Shortreed, Andrew -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.