The Contest of meaning , c1989
The Contest of meaning : critical histories of photography / edited by Richard Bolton.
- Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, c1989.
- Physical Description:
- xix, 407 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryTR642 .C66 1992 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BAC,REF: First MIT paperback edition, 1992.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 380-388).
- Subject Terms:
- Photography, Artistic -- History and criticism.
- The museum's old/the library's new subject / Douglas Crimp
- The judgment seat of photography / Christopher Phillips
- From faktura to factography / Benjamin H.D. Buchloh
- The armed vision disarmed : radical formalism from weapon to style / Abigail Solomon-Godeau
- What becomes of a legend most : the short, sad career of Diane Arbus / Catherine Lord
- Of Mother Nature and Marlboro men / Deborah Bright
- The graphic ordering of desire : modernization of a middle-class women's magazine, 1914-39 / Sally Stein
- Dykes in context / Jan Zita Grover
- The corporate year in pictures / Carol Squiers
- C/overt ideology / Esther Parada
- In the American East : Richard Avedon Incorporated / Richard Bolton
- Photography's discursive spaces / Rosalind Krauss
- In, around, and afterthoughts (on documentary photography) / Martha Rosler
- The body and the archive / Allan Sekula.