The Silurian system : founded on geological researches in the counties of Salop, Hereford, Radnor, Montgomery, Caernarthen, Brecon, Pembroke, Monmouth, Gloucester, Worcester, and Stafford : with descriptions of the coalfields and overlying formations / by Roderick Impey Murchison ... ; in two parts.
- London : John Murray, Albemarle Street, 1839.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., maps ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQE661 .M87 1839+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithographs by Day & Haghe, Andrew Picken, George Scharf, and Charles Joseph Hullmandel; after Mrs. Phillips, Thomas Webster, Lady Harriet Clive, Charlotte Murchison, Roderick Impey Murchison, and Charlotte Louisa Traherne.
Maps engraved by J. Gardner.
Printed by Richard and John E. Taylor, Red lion Court, Fleet Street.
List of subscribers: p. [vii]-xii.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
BAC: British Art Center copy, 2 v. in 1, bound in gilt-stamped calf. Inscribed: Frederick Dixon Holland presented to him on his 21st birthday from his Uncle & Aunt Lewis. Library label: Montpellier Library. Cheltenham. Bound similarly with: The Silurian region and adjacent counties of England & Wales geologically illustrated [map] (BACRB: QE661 .M87 1839a+).
- Subject Terms:
- Geology -- England -- Maps.Geology -- Wales -- Maps.Geology, Stratigraphic -- Silurian.Holland, Frederick Dixon -- Provenance.Monpellier Library (Cheltenham) -- Provenance.Murray, John -- Publisher.Taylor, Richard and John E. -- Printer.
- Wood engravings -- 1839.
Lithographs -- 1839.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1839.
Engravings -- 1839.
YCBA Collections Search
Murchison, Roderick Impey, Sir, 1792-1871, The Silurian system , 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.