Shadwell, Thomas, 1642?-1692, The complete works of Thomas Shadwell,, 1927
The complete works of Thomas Shadwell, ed. by Montague Summers ...
- London, The Fortune press, 1927.
- Physical Description:
- 5 v. : ill., facsims., geneal. tab., ports. ; 27 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR3671 S8 A17 1927 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- "This edition printed by the Whitefriars press is limited to 90 sets of five volumes on Kelmscott unbleached hand-made paper (numbered 1-90), and 1200 sets on machine-made paper (numbered 91-1290).
Frontispieces of v. 2-4 are in two states, one colored.
- Subject Terms:
- Hilles, Frederick Whiley, 1900- -- Provenance (BAC,REF)
- v. 1. Prefatory note. The text. Introduction. Chronology. Genealogical table. A sermon. The sullen lovers. The royal shepherdesse. The humorists.--v. 2. The miser. Epsom-Wells. The tempest. Psyche.--v. 3. The libertine. The virtuoso. Timon of Athens. A true widow.--v. 4. The woman-captain. The Lancashire witches. The squire of Alsatia. Bury-Fair.--v. 5. The amorous bigotte. The scowrers. The volunteers. Poems, etc. Letters.