A journal of eight days journey from Portsmouth to Kingston upon Thames : through Southampton, Wiltshire, &c. : with miscellaneous thoughts, moral and religious ; in sixty-four letters addressed to two ladies of the partie : to which is added an essay on tea, considered as pernicious to health, obstructing industry, and impoverishing the nation ..., with thirty-two letters to two ladies ... / by Mr. H*****.
- The second edition, corrected and enlarged.
- London : Printed for H. Woodfall ... and C. Henderson, 1757.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA620 H36 1757Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustrations by Thomas Major after Samuel Wale.
English short title catalogue, T130858
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1757.Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- Description and travel.Hampshire (England) -- Description and travel.Henderson, C. -- Publisher.Tea.Wiltshire (England) -- Description and travel.Woodfall, H. -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Hanway, Jonas, 1712-1786, A journal of eight days journey from Portsmouth to Kingston upon Thames , 1757
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.