Ireland, W. H. (William Henry), 1777-1835, England's topographer, or, A new and complete history of the county of Kent , 1828-30
- England's topographer, or, A new and complete history of the county of Kent : from the earliest records to the present time : including every modern improvement / embellished with a series of views from original drawings by Geo. Shepherd, H. Gastineau, &c. ; with historical topographical, critical & biographical delineations ; by W. H. Ireland ...
- London : G. Virtue, 1828-30.
- Physical Description:
- 4 v.,  leaves of plates : ill., map ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 K3 I73 1828 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 K3 I73 1828 Copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by Thomas Garner, Henry Adlard, Samuel Lacey, Cosmo Armstrong, John Rogers, W. Hinchliff, Benjamin Winkles, Richard Winkles, John Rolph, Charles Mottram, J. Henshall, McClatchie, John Cleghorn, J.F. Lambert, H. Smith, C. Bedford, J. Fothergill and James Baylis Allen; after George Shepherd, Thomas Mann Baynes, William Henry Bartlett, Henry Gastineau, Joseph Fussell, William Deeble and Burford.
Vol. 1 has engraved t.p.
Vols. 2-4 have title: A new and complete history of the county of Kent.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies, in variant bindings with plates in different order. Copy 1 has engraved t.p. Copy 2 imperfect: t.p. of v.1 wanting.
BAC: List of subscribers: p.-19 of v.1. (copy 2)
- Subject Terms:
- Adlard, J. and C. -- Printer.Kent (England) -- History.Kent (England) -- Pictorial works.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1828-1830.Virtue, G. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.