IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Gilpin, William, 1724-1804, Remarks on forest scenery, and other woodland views, (relative chiefly to picturesque beauty) , 1791
Remarks on forest scenery, and other woodland views, (relative chiefly to picturesque beauty) : illustrated by the scenes of New-Forest in Hampshire, in three books ... / by William Gilpin ...
- London : Printed for R. Blamire, 1791.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., map ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA620 G49 1791Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BEIR Edea N45 791: Bookplate: E.W. Manwaring. Colored bookplate with initials: J.T.S.
"Of these drawings all the landscape-part ... was executed by Mr. Alkin" [i.e. Alken] : from "A catalogue of the prints" (p. 2 at end).
- Subject Terms:
- Blamire, R. -- Publisher.Landscape.Manwaring, Elizabeth Wheeler, b. 1879 -- Bookplate.New Forest (England : Forest)Picturesque, The.Trees.
- Aquatints -- 1791.
Soft-ground etchings -- 1791.
Engravins -- Hand-colored -- 1791.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.